Saturday, November 5, 2011

Task list is a garden

My task lists aren't getting me anywhere so I decided to do some research on what works for successful time managers.  I was reading this morning about my ABCDE list and I'm doing it all wrong.

I am filling my:

A list with stuff that has to get done today no matter what (my A list is packed every day)
B list with stuff that has to get done
C list with Plans and Goals to move the business ahead
D for Delegate (rarely used)
E for eliminate (stuff I shouldn't do)

This is how really successful people do it:

A is for moving plans and goals ahead. (there should only be one or two A list Items)
B is for Urgent tasks
C is for stuff that is fun or nice to do
D is for Delegate (use it more)
E is for Eliminate (things you must never do ever ever ever)

Only by using this method will your plans and goal get moved ahead.  I liken it to being so religious about weeding the garden that you never get a chance to plant any seeds.  This method suggests that you plant the seeds in a weedy garden and the weeds will get pulled while the veggies are growing...

No comments:

Post a Comment