Thought creates emotion. Emotion creates action. Action creates results.
Good or bad, the chain starts with your thoughts and runs your life automatically. Your thoughts will filter through your mind and give you results. Here's how!
Your mind is a a perfectly programmed computer. There is only one real user friendly terminal to this computer. It's thought.
THOUGHT
Thought is the data entry terminal to the system. You have complete power over these thoughts. Any thoughts that go through our mind are instantly entered into the computer and run through this program. Stressing over a performance review is just translated by your brain/computer to say
ThisMonth = LowSales;
if Attendance = LateAgain + 1
Terminated else
Boss = monitoring me;
This program gets entered into your THOUGHT terminal and sent directly to the EMOTION module of your brain.
You can type your own thought program. Sometimes after I loose a sale, I think about my lost sales then I wonder if I'm going to make all my bills, then I think what would happen if my electricity was cut off.... STOP TYPING!!!! I suddenly realise I'm writing a program for my life and I have to turn it around. I start injecting lines of positive, happy thought into the program.
Rewriting could look like this:
I lost that sale!
Wow, that's too bad.
What did I do wrong? (here's where you realise the program's being written badly)
I guess he didn't like my close.
I'll go make it better.
This will help me for next time.
I'll sell more to his competition.
Awesome! I'll get on the phone now!
EMOTION
Now, once the program is written, the thought goes directly to the EMOTION module of our brain/computer where it gets processed by high level brain function. This is not controlable by you. This module runs completely on its own. Emotion reads thoughts and writes action. The process looks like this:
THOUGHT: "I hate My Job"; [PROCESS THROUGH EMOTION] EMOTION=Depressed; Engage ACTION: "Moping, distracted";
You can't fiddle with the emotion part of our brain. When we think - it runs - it outputs actions. Be careful what thoughts you feed it, because it turns thought into action.
ACTION
Action is what we do. We actually have a lot of control over our major actions. Since we don't steal things we want and can't afford (or we shouldn't), and we don't smash into people who cut us off on the highway, we have a filter for our conscious actions (called MORALS).
Its the little or subconscious actions that don't get filtered properly. And this is where the EMOTION module wreaks havok or does great things to our lives.
Thought: I am really great a business networking!
Emotion: Happy, Proud
Action: smiling more, giving compliments, having more positive thoughts
Thought: Network marketing is scary
Emotion: fear, anxiety
Action: shyness, poor communication, lack of confidence, more negative thoughts.
So you can see that you create a feedback loop to your thoughts through your actions. Again, actions are somewhat controllable, but its the SUBCONSCIOUS actions that I'm talking about here. Your actions will always be met with results.
RESULTS
Every action is met with reaction. The reactions to your actions are the RESULTS of your THOUGHTS. Simple and easy to follow. A salesman can have a smile on his face when he comes into my office to sell copiers. He can be dressed nice. He can have a great presentation and a good product. If I don't belive him, I'm not going to let him get past his opening speech. I'll cut him off for sure.
Why don't I believe him? Because his ACTIONS aren't true, he faking. That's all he can do! Because he came to my door with THOUGHTS of "not selling the copier", "being a bad salesman", "why didn't he go to college", his EMOTION module activated the proper ACTION (depression, no confidence, sad) and he masked it with a smile and a practised pitch. The RESULT was that I sent him home without a sale.
Simple. Change your thoughts and the actions will follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment